Here are eight quick facts that everyone in the market for a roof replacement or repair should keep in mind.
- Make sure that you know your Home Repair Consumer Rights. Have any contractor that you plan to use review and sign this agreement that ensures that you are treated fairly and respectfully.
- The average roof will last 20-25 years. Regular inspections are a good idea if your roof is more than 20 years old.
- Proper attic ventilation is of the utmost importance to the health of your roof. If attic ventilation is installed incorrectly, condensation will warp the decking of your roof in the
winter. Your roof will also run the risk of overheating in the summer, causing your shingles to deteriorate at an accelerated rate if your attic is not properly ventilated.
- In the past 10-15 years, organic shingles have been extremely popular. However, shingles using the organic material have proved faulty, and there is an ongoing class action lawsuit against CertainTeed, one of the most popular manufacturers of organic shingles. If you know you have CertainTeed organic shingles, click on this link to start your claim and call Thiel Roofing to discuss options for your roof.
- There are primarily three types of shingles used on roofs: Architectural (laminated shingle), Premium Architectural (premium laminated shingle), and three-tab (strip shingle).
453 Dancer Ln.
Oswego, IL 60543
Phone: 630 554-1994
Fax: 630 554-1996
The Owner's Thoughts
RSS feeds loading...